Help! Ipod Touch Freezing

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by zingy23, May 18, 2008.

1. zingy23

zingy23 New Member

So right after i installed this program that removes the docks reflection i tried using the dock and it wouldnt even come up. so im like watever i just have to restart the ipod. SO i do this and while its restarting this the screen goes blank with white and black stripes. when it finnally loads i try opening up music. it loads but then i cant press anything after that. it just freezes. this happens with everyother program and now i cant open anything.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anyway for me to fix this with out restoring my ipod?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ouch this happened to me when I installed kate and I had to restore, but try deleting some recently installed apps through SSH,
    I think you may have to restore and re jailbreak, sorry mate
  3. km2783

km2783 New Member

I had similar issues when I 'updated' the installer app (it said there was an update...), nothing would open, or if it did everything would freeze, very intermittent but easily within 5 minutes of powering the ipod on, usually the first time I tried anything. Or it would eventually do something, but it was utterly slow. After I restored it, did a jailbreak, I did not update installer and have had zero issues since.
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Restart it a few times. power off & on (took me about six) it will work eventually. Then uninstall dock. problem solved.

Edit: Dude this is like 2 weeks old. I'm sure he just restored by now.