HELP! iPod touch filling itself

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lp_obsession2005, Mar 16, 2010.

1. lp_obsession2005

lp_obsession2005 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey I can't seem to find an answer to my question/problem

I have a 2G iPod touch 8GB jailbroken on 3.1.2 FW. This morning my iPod gave me an alert saying that it was out of free space, and I didnt understand why that was because I hadnt installed anything new on it. So I deleted some apps then looked at my General> About page and it said only 15MB were available which didnt seem right to me because I deleted a LOT. I went back to General then into About again to refresh it, and it said only 12.5. I repeated this process and watched as my iPod slowly lost all remaining available space by itself... down to 0 bytes. Any ideas?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Do you have Rock installed? If you do update it.
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    This seems to be happening TOO much.

Every1, plz STOP using rock! It is GAY.

Cydia is what you need, you'll just end up fricking your iPod up if you use Rock!
  4. lp_obsession2005

lp_obsession2005 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I think I've got it. Rather than deleting rock (I really do love the app when it works right) I followed the instructions on the link HERE and cleared my cache, updated rock, and then used iFile and deleted the mentioned log file, (which was a staggering 1.1 GB). It seems to be holding up now, not filling itself. If need be I'll do this every so often in order to keep Rock, It's so much easier and faster to use than Cydia just really buggy sometimes. Also i think it's worth mentioning that two days before this problem happened i renamed my iPod "The titanic" so when i Plugged it in it said "Syncing the Titanic". Then suddenly it started losing space all by itself, as if taking on water. Irony.
  5. Fwission

Fwission New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    We need to make a sticky about this problem...