Help! iPod Touch crashes!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Fraught, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Fraught

Fraught New Member

So, I have a 8gb iPod Touch. When I first jailbroke it, on 1.1.4, it worked fine. Everything was working, all the emulators, music, videos. Everything was in the best condition as it could.

Then, one day, I took all my brains out of my head, and upgraded to 2.0. Now this is the part where the sh*t hit the fan. I mean, first, many, many programs in Installer wouldn't work, so I wanted to downgrade back to 1.1.4. I did it through a long and tedious process, but atleast I succeeded. Now, I downloaded the NES Emulator and Speedrun, and then, kaboom. When I went into my iPod Touch's Installer, it doesn't show nothing. It just leaves everything blank, except the bar with the battery, clock and the word iPod up there, and the bottom bar, where you can select either Sources or Install/Uninstall etc. It just is blank, and I can't even go back to the SummerBoard (is it?), I have to hold the Sleep/Wake button down.

Wait, I was trying to launch Installer right now, and it showed the Featured list, but it started to Refresh Sources, then it froze there, and turned off automatically.

PS. Even my calculator crashed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Okay, so it shows the Featured list, and I can click Donate Later, but I can't click on Install, Uninstall, Update nor Sources. What is the problem with my iPod Touch?

I jailbroke it with WinPwn, by creating a custom 1.1.4 jailbreak .ipsw file.
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

nowadays 1.1.4 is outdated. some applications or sources in installer are not working.

and by the way, it is not crashed, it is just freeze. because jailbroken 1.1.x firmwares are really buggy,

i'm suggesting you to update to 2.1 firmware. it is the latest version and you may access to cydia. cydia is a program like installer. but cydia is way more better than installer.

so, update to 2.1 now. u need to update your itunes to version 8.1.
    remember that the latest is always better.

here's where u download the firmware 2.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZD1rFg_UoE

its my video. pls watch.

then go to jailbreak 2.1 thread on this forums.

search for the easy jailbreak 2.1

follow the instructions and you're gonna be okay.

trust me, 2.1 is way better.

hope it helps. good luck.

by the way, if u have other question, dont hesitate to post again in this thread.
  3. Fraught

Fraught New Member

dashwood03, I LOVE YOU!

I mean, I don't really love you, but damn, thanks. I got Cydia and Installer with 2.1, it didn't crash.

I already downloaded the NES Emulator with 80 something ROMs, and the NES Emulator I got from Cydia has a better interface and everything.

So, kudos to you man!

And yes, Cydia owns, but Cydia + Installer = WIN!