Help Ipod Touch Connect To iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouchwoot, Sep 12, 2008.

1. itouchwoot

itouchwoot New Member

Hey guys I recently just upgraded to 2.01.
    Tried jailbreaking it but I have problems cuz of iTunes 8. So I was setting it back to original specs and then iTunes freezes after it updates my ipod touch. Now the ipod touch restarts and shows please connect to iTunes. The picture is the iTunes with the usb cable on the bottom. It wont detect in my windows system nor in iTunes. I tried reseting it, DFU manual mode, recovery mode. I might not get the timing right but i've been trying for the past 6 hours to try everything I can. I tried downgrading my iTunes to 7.7.1. Trying to plug in the ipod touch to another computer. Same thing the computer will recognize the ipod and say its in recovery mode but it still doesnt detect. I also tried using ziphone and ibrick but it doesnt detect the itouch. Any help guys please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sx10xjhmS8&feature=related

This video link I found pretty much explains what happens. Also it wont detect in iTunes at all. But when I plug it in it shows the ipod installing Apple Recovery (DFU) Driver. Then says finished installing and still nothing else pops up. Help guys would really appreciate it.
  2. chrissdj_tm

chrissdj_tm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have the same problem ! but my display don't start,it remain black .I sended to apple ,and now I wait ..for an answer if they can fix the problem.
    I spend 4 days loking after an answer for this problem but nothing,surfing from forum to forum ... even on youtube to find the answer .If you finde it please post me a message.
    i find something try it.. and notice me if works
    This is how to achieve DFU mode. You can do it on every phone:
    Some of you have reported “I am in DFU mode and keep getting error 20 from iTunes restore”. Answer, you are not in DFU mode. Follow the guide and the DFU link. An iPhone in DFU mode has no image on the screen and looks powered down.
    Method 1)
    Attach the phone to the pc
    Turn the phone off
    Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Having problems? Try adjusting the 10 seconds to be slightly less like 9 seconds, then 8, then 7. It’s a tricky timing but you will eventually get it.

Method 2)
    Hook up the phone powered on to the PC
    Now hold home / power until the phone turns off and keep holding for 10 seconds. If the phone ever turns on during this phase,start over and hold for less time.
    Now release power and continue holding home until the PC recognizes the phone.
    I don’t like this method as much because there are “rumors” that it may cause some 1604 errors in the restore. I am not convinced of that though.

Method 3)
    Attach the phone to the pc
    Turn the phone off
    Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home.
    Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Having problems? Try adjusting the 10 seconds to be slightly less like 9 seconds, then 8, then 7. It’s a tricky timing but you will eventually get it.