[Help] iPod Touch "bricked?"

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MrNikko, Feb 28, 2009.

1. MrNikko

MrNikko New Member

I have read many threads on fixing my iPod, but they never seem to work.

Well, first of all, I used Cyw00d to jailbreak my iPod touch 2nd Generation with 2.2.1.. Worked fine yesterday.
    But now, after I had my iPod on sleep while I was sleeping (had it listening to some Beyonce.. harhar..) it won't turn on.

I've tried holding the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, release power, hold home for 5-10 seconds many times. But windows and itunes never recognize it.
    I've tried holding down power for 10 seconds, releasing, wait 5 seconds, hold home button for 10 seconds, then practically what was stated above. Or something along the lines of that.. I follow all directions as best I can, counting with Mississippi.. Counting normally.. Counting with an online stopwatch..

It won't turn on! It won't get recognized! I really just want it back to normal until a very easy to use and understandable jailbreak is out for the 2nd Generation..

Please help?
  2. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

it's not bricked it sounds like your battery died, your iPod just needs to be kicked back into play, this video should help
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=e4y57dzjkE0 - windows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeUKsyI2XVs - mac

being a tethered jailbreak you need to have it pluged in to a pc or mac to boot it back into the springboard, you are I believe in DFU mode which is why the screen doesn't turn on, the ipod itself turns on but the screen doesn't.

reading your post all you have done with the holding down the buttons is put it back into DFU mode if you plugged the ipod in iTunes will detect it in recovery mode.

next time read the redsn0w readme next time before jailbreaking as this is all normal

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. MrNikko

MrNikko New Member

iTunes is supposed to detect it?
    Eh, it doesn't.. Nothing happens when I open iTunes up, no iPod showing up or anthing. I'll try and search for the booting stuff then and see what I can do.
  4. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

it does sound like your battery went
  5. MrNikko

MrNikko New Member

If the battery did die.. It should still be able to charge via usb, recognized or not.. I think. So, I got the beeps after attempting to get it into DFU, unplugged it, waited 2 seconds, plugged it in, opened up iTunes manually (no recognization from iTunes), started the OneClickBoot.exe.. 3 lines of periods, nothing's happening. Just waiting. Haven't yet seen the Apple Logo and/or flashing of the iPod.
    Am I doing something wrong?
  6. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

why unplug it after putting into dfu mode? you need it plugged into mac/pc the whole time there shouldn't be a need to unplug it then plug it back in
  7. MrNikko

MrNikko New Member

Okay, I didn't unplug it this time, but there wasn't any change in results. D:

Maybe I'm not really getting two beeps.
    I hold the two buttons down 10 seconds, get the unrecognized message. Then let go of power (with the message still there, not disappearing) then hold the home button for 5 seconds. I don't really hear or see another message popup.
    If I do exit the message while holding onto the two buttons still, then release the power button, it pops up pretty much right after I exit it.
    Just an observation..
  8. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

the fact it beeps when you plug it in means it's not bricked its now just a case of gettin it to recognise it
  9. MrNikko

MrNikko New Member

So I guess I'll utilize some search buttons now.

But, the answers I usually get are about getting it into DFU and getting it restored? But mine won't boot up. Therefore, we're back at the OneClickBoot again.. -ponder-
  10. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

firstly I want you to keep the iPod plugged in at all times through out this.

ok heres my suggestion...... plug it in wait for it to not recognise, hold down the two buttons for about 10/15 seconds. This will turn the iPod off completely, when you're done counting leave the ipod for a couple seconds.

hold down the two buttons for 10 seconds then let go of power button and leave home button held down, depending on what system your using.... keep the home button pressed down and for mac systems after 10 seconds iTunes "should" detect the iPod in recovery mode.... windows system can take upto 30 seconds

hopefully this has worked you can then give the oneclickboot a shot