Help: Ipod Touch 2G Wifi problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by firest0rm, Apr 2, 2009.

1. firest0rm

firest0rm New Member

How do!

I successfully managed to jailbreak my 2G Ipod touch, everything was fine and I managed to patch as well. For a few days I didn't have any problems, but then yesterday I began having problems with my Wifi.

I have a USB Wifi stick, everything was working with it and my Ipod the day before but now my Ipod can't connect to any websites etc. It sees my computer in the list of wireless connections, it connects fine (tried with WEP and without) but when opening Safari, or any application for that matter, an error message appears advising me that it is not connected to the internet.

I've had a Google, saw mentioned several times problems with DNS; I've tried it with no IP for the DNS section and also tried inputting what my network connection says my DNS is too, nothing has made a difference. Well that's technically a lie, I put in a DNS address and instead of giving me the error immediately it waited a good minute or so before confirming the connection had timed out.

I've since restored my Ipod, deleted my Wifi USB sticks drivers, reinstalled and re-set up the network, all to no avail. I also tried the different options available, although the "Wireless AD-Hoc" network worked originally. The Ipod itself is working fine, I still have the majority of the applications on it I downloaded through Cydia, Ice and Installer.

Could anybody shed some light on my problem? It would be greatly appreciated.

- Tom
  2. InsertiPodHere

InsertiPodHere New Member

Check to see if your iPod can connect to any other wireless networks that uses WEP or Open
    If your iPod can, its not with the iPod
    See if anything else can surf the net (maybe another laptop) using your USB ad hoc connection
    If not, there is something wrong with your configuration
    Check if internet sharing is enabled (not sure if you have this in vista, but in windows 7 its there)
    Finally, set up a small webserver on your computer and see if you can connect to that, if you can the thing is local only.
    See if you can reset your USB wifi stick.

P.S. I don't think we are allowed to talk about patching mobile**stal**ation out loud....
    Also the no-ip thing waited for a moment because it has to route through to no-ip's servers that's why theres a delay (i think).
  3. firest0rm

firest0rm New Member

Thanks for the tip, deleted it from my post.

I'll check at Uni tomorrow regarding my Ipod Touch and see if it connects to their Wireless. I get so annoyed sometimes when things like this happen, just all of a sudden a fully working piece of technology just stops working with seemingly no reason at all.