HELP! Ipod Touch 2g SEED?!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Heffe, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was at my friend's house because he wanted his ipod jailbroken but NOW I NEED HELP! It was the first time for me 'cause I have a ipod touch 1g and he has 2g and I came home and I FEEL BAD!!! What's wrong it it just shows the USB with a arrow to the itunes logo!! I tried Rebooting (Holding down power + home until black then just holding home and it shows the usb with a aroow to the itunes!!) So I connected it to itunes and ITUNES DIDNT PICK IT UP! THE FREAKING COMPUTER DIDNT PICK ANYTHING UP SO I REBOOTED IT AGAIN WITH IT PLUGGED IN AND NOTHING!! PLEASE HELP! I FEEL BAD!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Please! I need help!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    This isn't a joke I really need help.
  2. Raaa

Raaa New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you sure you did the correct jailbreak? You should have done this
  3. jered6323

jered6323 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Same (sorta) thing happened to me. Put it in DFU mode, and plug it into iTunes, then let iTunes go online and get it's original firmware and let iTunes restore that. Then try jailbreak again.
  4. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What's DFU Mode?? HELP!
  5. HelloM0f0

HelloM0f0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To get into DFU mode you plug the ipod into the computer (makes it easier to tell if you did it right) press the hold button and the home button together for about 10 seconds then you let go of the hold button while continuing to hold the home button. The screen should go black instead of show the connect to itunes logo. Eventually you will hear a chime (if you're on windows). The ipod's screen should still be black as though it is off (But it's NOT...lemme repeat. It is not off.)

Next you open itunes and it should say the device is in recovery mode. If you get this message you are in DFU mode.

I had serious problems getting into DFU. It takes practice and timing otherwise you get the 'connect to itunes logo'. I freaked out when I got that the first time but it just means you have to keep trying.