HELP: iPod Touch 1.1 Prob

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moonlight031982, Jan 16, 2009.

1. moonlight031982

moonlight031982 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    i bought my ipod november 2007, after few days of having it, i jailbroke (V1.1) it and download some applications and themes. after that i haven't updated the firmware of my itouch because i found the upgrades too tiring especially that i am only getting wifi from a coffee shop. since then some of my applications are not working (pdsPhone not playing my roms, some expired applications). well it was fine because i can still listen to music and watch movies. but now, when i try to sync my photos, itunes displays an error that is saying that i can't sync photos. i tried to transfer 2 5-minute videos but im not successful. when i play the video in my itouch, i can only see black screen, even the spinning wheel is not present. that time i was really annoyed. why is that happening in my i touch? is it because of my old firmware (Oldest) or the jailbreak proccess. at this moment im thinking of restoring and upgrade my firmware to the latest when (v2, 2.1). anyone pls help me on what i should do... thank you...
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You should just update to 1.1.5 (for free) or 2.2 (costs $10). I recommend 2.2 because it is money well spent and will get you updates through 2.x for free. Also, 1.1.5 is being ignored because Apple is improving the 2.x firmware.
  3. moonlight031982

moonlight031982 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    how about the version 2.0? is it for free? what are the other benefits if i upgrade into v2.2 aside of free softwre upgrades? will i also get free applications from apple for free?
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    2.2 is basically an updated 2.0 It's got bug fixes and that. I recommend you upgrade to 2.2. The App Store is definitely worth it, and because 2.2 can be jailbroken on the 1st gen iPod touch, you won't miss the jailbreaking world

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    And in 2.0 alot of the appstore apps won't work.
    Alot of the apps only work on 2.1 or 2.2.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The upgrade to 2.x from 1.x costs $10 no matter what. Then, you get many new features like the app store and a better calculator, genius, and so on. Although you don't get apps for free, you do get access to the App Store, which has many free applications. You can always jailbreak as well, and Cydia has plenty of cool plugins and applications as well (for free).