Help! iPod to Computer Music Transfer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by YoMommaSoFat, Jul 18, 2010.

1. YoMommaSoFat

YoMommaSoFat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm planning to transfer all my music and videos from my iPod touch 3.1.2 jailbroken to my computer. I am doing this because my computer recently had some issues with the hard drive, so I was forced to delete the iPod music off my computer.

Anyway, I plan on using a utility such as Sharepod to transfer the files from my iPod to my computer. However, as I stated before, I am jailbroken on 3.1.2. Would the file transfer affect my jailbreak in any way?

Also, because of the hard drive issues I mentioned earlier, I also had to reinstall iTunes. When I had iTunes before the hard drive issues, I was on 9.0, I think. But now I am on the latest version of iTunes (9.2 or something). Would this iTunes upgrade affect my 3.1.2 jailbreak? I used Blackra1n to jailbreak.

Thank you

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sharepod will not affect it at all look up the compatibility of blackra1n to see what version of iTunes to use
  3. Al Roker

Al Roker New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah you should be fine.
  4. YoMommaSoFat

YoMommaSoFat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does Blackra1n work on 9.2?
  5. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    could you be more specific? As in what kind of files, what programs you want them to work with and via wifi or usb cable?
  6. qing2apple

qing2apple New Member

1.Reinstall your system and your iTunes library, or just get your music, videos and photos off your iPod, and save them to your computer
    2.Back up all of your music, playlists, videos and photos from iPod to a new computer.
    3.Share your iPod contents with a friend.
    4.Restore your songs, movies, and photographs from your iPod if you'tve lost your iTunes music library during a system crash.
    Know more about how to transfer or copy music from iPod to PC, which included the detailed tutorials of how to transfer your music from iPod to PC.
    Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!