HELP!?!? ipod stopped working!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by crystalnightmares, Oct 8, 2008.

1. crystalnightmares

crystalnightmares New Member

eeek, was updating my FW from 1.1.3 last night to 2.0 then 2.0.2. i had problems with jailbreaking it so went back to 2.0 and left it.

overnight i had itunes put all my music etc back onto my ipod and it was all working this morning....as soon as i got my ipod out to look at it wen i left the house the screen was black. i though it might be turned off so i tried the power button and NOTHING!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

does anyone know wats the matter? have i broken it sum how?!?!

please help asap if u can :|

xx
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Doubt it, why didn't you just go to 2.1 after you got to 2.1?
  3. crystalnightmares

eh? u mean 2.1 after 2.0 im guessing, cus ppol said u cant jailbreak it. but thats a tad off the topic, i still have no idea wat i can do now :S

ooh u can see the screen light wen i plug it in but there is nothing on it still! its just a blank black screen :| ?!?!?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    2.1 can be jailbroken just as easily as any other. Does your itunes on the computer recognize the ipod? Have you tried holding the power and home button until you get the itunes and usb grphic?
  5. crystalnightmares

right it does recognise it cus it comes up with the options of wat music etc to put on and asks me if i want the 2.1 soft.

i tried holding both buttons and atleast i know the screen is working cus the apple logo came on!! took a while but the ipod is back!! WAT A LEGEND! lol

wow i need to remember that for future reference

phew im happy now XD thnks!!

so if i update to 2.1, im guessing i hav to buy only? then do u know a good video i can watch that'll show me how to jailbreak it?

xx
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ahh god sake. any application i go onto just takes me back to the home screen! none will work :S wats up with that?!
  6. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This happened on my iPod, too, but it happened while I was using Safari. I had full battery, and everyhing was normal. Then the iPod shutted itself down, and I couldn't open it. I tried opening it by pluging it on my PC, on my station, and by pressing the button. Then I went to bed and the next morning it was open...