Help! Ipod not recognizing my music and videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pamika, Feb 9, 2009.

1. pamika

pamika New Member

HELP!
    Ok on friday my touch was working perfectly i was watching a movie and everything was working fine. 4 days later i hadn't used my ipod since friday but i decided to listen to some music today. Realising that my ipod my flat i charged it from a power point charger not through the computer. I left it charge for a couple of hours and then i tried to play some music then this is when i realised that my ipod was not recognizing my music nor videos because it was saying i had nothing in there! I freaked out so then i decided to see if it would on itunes. I plugged it into the computer. My ipod is set to manual so that i can have a look at my music on my computer but there was nothing i there! i went to the settings in itunes and it was saying that 11.75G's was all 'Other' and orange. I dont know what to do i always treated my ipod good and always disconnected it from itunes first before unplugging it. I no longer have the music that was on my ipod. Because i didn't think i needed it anymore because it was on my ipod and wasn't expecting my ipod to stuff up! plus the music was taking up to much room on my computer.
    I have tried resetting it and have tried turning it off and nothing is working I haven't synced anything on my ipod for a long time so i dont know whats happened!
    If someone could please help me that would be really good!!!
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Looks difficult to fix that so I can only recommend that you restore your iPod Touch and re-synch your music and films over.
  3. rodd

rodd New Member

wow what a helpful reply.

i'm experiencing same problem, am trying to find solution.