help ipod mini jus says do not disconnect

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by jrsycoll, Apr 30, 2008.

1. jrsycoll

jrsycoll New Member

Everytime I connect my ipod mini to itunes it jus keeps blinking do not disconnect
    I've tried everything the computer had for troubleshooting..and it still happens.
    I'm trying to see the songs on my ipod to delete some etc....the computer sees the hardware attached..and itunes say's the software is current...but I can't get anything to work!!
    HELP??!!
    I have tried reserching the problem everywhere
  2. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    have you tried restarting? Hold down either top and middle for a few seconds or the bottom and middle( I can't remember which one)
  3. Aristarchos

Aristarchos Banned

hold down the center button and the play/pause button till it restarts, also try ejecting it through iTunes, you know the eject symbol right next to the name of the iPod
  4. sarg

sarg Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    From what you are saying, this sounds completely normal. The iPod is SUPPOSED to show "Do not disconnect" when you connect it. You cannot delete single songs from the iPod, you have to either delete the songs from iTunes, or click "Only sync checked songs" and under your music library, make sure there is a check mark ONLY next to the songs you want on the iPod.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: If your iPod only turns on when connected, try a wall charger.