Help ipod messed up!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by -Kerrigan-, Feb 22, 2010.

1. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I was downloading a movie on my iPod through d'tunes but it sort of crashed. I tried respringing it and then it turned off. Whenever I try to turn it back on, it will just show the Apple logo and then turn right back off. Whenever I try to put it in DFU my computer never recognized it, though I did accidently enter Recover Mode a few times. If it's a virus I don't see how it coudl affect my hardware. Any suggestions? (2nd gen ipod, already charged it so it cant be because of no battery left, tried DFU with a timer while waiting for my computer to beep but it never did). Also not sure if it was charging, maybe it can't charge now since it got screwed up?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And is it possible to dfu it on another computer (not the one it was jailbroken on)?
  2. Roondog12355

Roondog12355 Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    yes it is possible to put it in DFU also try changing USB ports on your computer and see if that helps
  3. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That happened to me when i downloaded an update from cydia that was for FW 3.1.2 and I was on 3.0. The way I fixed it was by going into DFU and restoring it through Itunes. If your pc doesnt recognize it try ^^ what he said.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    if dfu doesn't work, make sure the ipods off, hold the home (bottom) button, and plug it in. when you see connect to itunes screen, restore.
  5. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You dont have to dfu restore you can regu;ar restore and then jailbreak it. It fixed it for me.