Help? iPod keeps booting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mark1985, Jun 14, 2009.

1. mark1985

mark1985 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi
    i have a serious problem with my jailbroken iPod Touch 2G.
    It´s on Firmware 2.2.1
    The thing is: I gave it to a buddy of mine because he wanted to play some games-they often crashed so he decided to restart the iPod to clear memory. He pressed reboot in SBSettings (what i never did before) and the iPod shut down then it Botted and it didn´t stop booting. It boots like normal you see the Apple-Logo and then after the time it usually takes to boot the screen goes of for 1 second and then it starts booting again.
    If i hold the power button for a while it stops booting but if i start again it keeps booting.
    I plugged it into my PC but nothing happens

Does someone know, how to fix my issue? it would really suck to restore, because of all my pictures, downloaded videos, themes, Games, Apps and all the Cydia stuff i have on it so please help me!

thank you!
  2. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't you have the games, apps, pictures backed up tho? Because if that is the case you can just put it into DFU mode and just restore it.
  3. mark1985

mark1985 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no i dont

Please Register or Log in to view images

i thought a backup just saves your settings and not all the games, apps music and cydia stuff
    does it?

well i haven´t done sucha backup but isn´t there a way to fix that?
  4. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What kind of game? Are you talking about the games in the app store? Cuz those are already on your computer. Even when you do a back up it will save the game settings too. Your mp3 should be already in your itunes too. Cydia is another question...however I use something called AptBackup which backs up all my Cydia apps and SpringBack which saves the location of my icons on my touch.
  5. mark1985

mark1985 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well i didn´t do anything with itunes for 6months exept music transfer because the way itunes sychs your pictures, apps and everything else just sucks
    so i dont even have my apps on the PC
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    you suggest me to restore but isn´t there a way just to fix this boot-loop so i dont have to restore?
  6. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh man. Hmmm...the way to fix it without doing a restore I'm not sure. I guess you can always redownload the apps even the paid ones cuz they are free the second time. Maybe somebody else can help you with the booting fix.
  7. mark1985

mark1985 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    its not that i have so many paid apps i just have like 80 free games and over 50 things installed from cydia and it would p*ss me off to search it all again
  8. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you use an untethered jailbreak? You might've used a tethered one or semi-tethered one.
  9. mark1985

mark1985 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wel 6 months was overexaggerated but i never made anything with itunes exept putting music on my iPOd
    i have a full jailbreak meaning i can reboot it without whitescreen how i used to do in earlyer times

to make my jb untetherd i made this rom only or wahtever it was called patch but i did that long times ago and i never ahd any problems with it
    can noone help me?

what do you think would happen if i´d use the boot-method we had to use, when we had tetherd iPods? may it help or will it kill my jailbreak/iPod?
    B ring
    U p
    M y
    P ost
    please?
  10. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I briefly read your post (I have things to tend to

Please Register or Log in to view images

) but since you PM'd me, I figured I would respond.

The first thing I would do is plug it into iTunes when it has the Apple logo and give it up to a minute to see if iTunes will force the iPod to reload the SpringBoard. I had an issue similar to this while testing something with Quickpwn a few days ago and this made it load the SpringBoard and all was well. See if it works.