Help! iPod Installer and SSH not working...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by Time To Shine, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

Ok well I have updated my iPod from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 with a soft upgrade and everything worked perfectly until I tried using the BossTool app to clear up space and my iPod froze. I restored it to 1.1.1, Jailbroke that with ijailbreakme.com, then got to 1.1.2, jailbroke that with the jailbreak.jar file and everything worked fine. Then I used the iPod Elite Team's method by installing a jailbreak and the iPhone apps off of the installer and everything looked like it was working, untill I tried downloading programs. I can listen to music and watch video and look at photos. Go on safairi. Everything works good. But I can't download any apps that will show up on my homescreen for me to use. When I try to hook up my iPod to my computer using SSH it says " Can't connect to remote server. Socket error = #10057." (That's from Cute FTP Pro) and "Network error: Socket is not connected" (That's from Putty). So does anyone know what I should do about this problem? I am completely lost with all this. I don't want to restore or manually downgrade to 1.1.1 because I don't want the chance of losing all my song data that I put in myself (The Album, Artist, Album Cover, ect...). So if anyones knows what to do without having to restore my iPod I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Update: I think I forgot to tell you that when I try and install an app via the installer it just goes back to the home screen like I don't have enough room in my iPod or something. But I should sence I only have New Source, Blaze Ultimate, BSD Subsystem, Installer, OpenSSH, and Customize installed.
  2. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

ok nevermind. I figured out my problem. This thread can be ignored.
  3. ahkhan

ahkhan New Member

what was the solution, please share this might help others

what was the solution, please share this might help others
  4. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

It was stupid. I just restarted my iPod and it went to recovery mode so I just had to go down to 1.1.1, jailbreak that then move up to 1.1.2 and jailbreak that. The problem with the SSH was my internet secuirity was too high. I had to lower it.
  5. Touchrookie07

Touchrookie07 New Member

please help me I'm having the same problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

Whats going on? Like what do you need?
  7. mytouch386

mytouch386 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    ME TO! but is different
  8. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

whats going on with you?
  9. henryw6

henryw6 New Member

Come on, I have thr same problem too. Someone PLs share
  10. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

what are you trying to do that you cant?