HELP IPOD GOT STOLEN!! is there anyway to find out who has it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by carri07, Nov 8, 2008.

1. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi yesterday i was at school taking a test and when i fisnished it I went to hand the test to the teacher and suddenly the bell rang. I left my ipod touch on my backpack and I when i got back to my desk it wasnt there. I told the teacher about my situation and he said he was going to check.

The first thing that the person will try to do is sell it. Good thing is that my school is really big and the only people the person may know its from school. When i had it, I was able to access the internet over at school, which is something not everyone could because my friend found out the password of the network and all that.

Is there a way i can track my ipod or find out who stole it or any type of information that would help me identify the person?

Any help is appreciated
  2. butteronaroll

butteronaroll New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ur bad grammar hurt my head!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

But unless u put something on there to track where it is. i dont have any clue how to find it.

and next time DONT bring things you dont want stolen to school.1!!!!!

3. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah sorry about my grammar. I was in a hurry to type that and didnt really cared about what i wrote. I fixed it so that it made more sense.
  4. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

It must be someone from your class. Ask around a little, don't be too specific. Be observant, and keep your eyes out for any pesky students who might be playing with an iPod Touch. It can't walk too far away.

I don't think there is any tracking method for it. It's all you man. Good luck.
  5. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah thats the thing, If it was somebody from my class, they wouldnt take my ipod out to play with it, unless they are really dumb which would be good for me

.. but i still have to go and see what happens on monday cuz during the weekend i cant really do much.
  6. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If your ipod is at school it would be connected to the network so you could ask you schools tech teacher to watch the network for any (your ipod's name) joining the network. that way if they track that it's at school then your teacher could search the people in your class
  7. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    ^^What he said, but otherwise there isn't a tracking method.
  8. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Haha the other day i had Named my Ipod Virustrogan.exe and my dad saw it on the network and blocked me =)
  9. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah the only problem is my school is huge.. it probly has like 400 classrooms... and there is internet in every classroom

i was thinking of that, but is there a way to know with a little more detail where that person would be?
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Okay, a friend of mine bought a stolen iPod. Generally, these guys aren't very smart, because they're stealing iPods. Now since Apple really cannot track the location of the iPod as far as I know, you're going to have to scare the crap out of these guys.

In that room, talk really loudly to a friend that you're going to go the police in a few days with your parents and track down the iPod. Say that you've heard that the police and Apple have tracked people down before and sent them to jail. You know the drill.

The guy that I knew heard from the kid that stole it that he was tracking it down and returned it to him the next day.