HELP - Ipod doesnt works.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mag00, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Mag00

Mag00 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys.. My girlfriend bought a broken Ipod touch 2G from a guy, he just said that it was broken and he didnt know what had happen. I searched all over the internet but I couldnt restore it or even put it on DFU mode.

The first thing I would like to mention is the fact that the ipod only works when I open Itunes, otherwise it wont do nothing... really nothing.
    I found 4 firmwares.. but none of them worked (trying the shift+restore on Itunes), it always stucks at the same point (different points deppending of the firmware).

If I unplug it.. it shuts down, if I close Itunes.. it shuts down, I've being doing everything, like holding the 2 buttons at the same time for 10 seconds, but nothing seems to work.

I would apreciate if some one could share any idea.

thanks in advance.
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What state does iTunes show it in when it is connected? Recovery Mode? Syncing Normally?

Also, are you sure you are not confusing iTunes being open with being connected to the computer? If that is the cause it sounds like the battery had died. Do you have a wall charger?
  3. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You tried 4 firmwares, for an iPod?! If you *downloaded* the firmware for the iPod touch, it should read: iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw.

And you are positive you are doing DFU mode correctly? Have you checked youtube for the correct way (correct combos etc)?

When you say "It shuts down" you mean there is no activity on the screen and when you push the Power button, nothing happens, correct?

EDIT: try this vid for correctly restoring in DFU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb_ss0bljHY
  4. Jai iPhone Help

Jai iPhone Help New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Dude only 1 firmware is made for a 2G like THE 1G has other letter in the end of the .ispw!
    Sorry but yeah that is a BROKEN ipt :s
  5. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay.

Try being more clear in your explanation.
    Second of all, you can always put your iPod in DFU Mode, I dont care how broken it is.

Once you get it in DFU Mode, Restore it in iTunes by pressing the Restore button.
    Dont download firmware you dont even know about.

An iPod touch is never broken.

Good Luck,
    iAppleCentral®
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Please don't give useless and misleading information. There are different versions of the firmware (2.2.1/3.0). He could well have tried 4 firmwares. Also, due to the fact that it boots up, it is not "Broken".
  7. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Exactly, agreed.
  8. Mag00

Mag00 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DarkWrath: Itunes says that was detected an Ipod that needs to be restored so it can be used with Itunes. I've thought about the battery, but the restoration wouldn't be a problem in that case.

ITBRTI
    : I've done exactly like the video, the first problem I find is that they always says to turn off the Ipod.. mine is always off.. when I do the steps I hear the chimes from the computer, the Ipod disapears from the Itunes, but in one second is there again, then the only option I have in the Itunes is "Restore".
    I downloaded the following firmwares:
    iPod2,1_2.1.1_5F138_Restore
    iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore
    iPod2,1_2.2_5G77a_Restore
    iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore

All of them (including the regular restore via Itunes) works like this:
    - I do the DFU steps
    - The Itunes ask to restore the Ipod in order to use it with Itunes
    - I click to restore it (regular restore or shift+restore)
    - Itunes starts to "prepare" the software
    - The Ipod first reaction: "White screen"
    - Itunes starts to "Update" Ipod software
    - The Apple logo comes in and an empty bar below it
    - The bar keeps progressing and get stuck in one point (different points for diff. firmwares)
    - Itunes keeps saying "verifying Ipod Restore" (I left like this for 7 hours and nothing changed)

And yes, the only activity I get is when the restoration process starts.

Thank you guys for the attention.
  9. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried putting it into DFU in a different way?
  10. Mag00

Mag00 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Humm... The only way I found was pressing the power+home buttons... Is there another way?