HELP!!!!!!!!! "Ipod could not be updated" STUCK AT APPLE BOOTUP LOGO

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by androidkaita, Jan 28, 2008.

1. androidkaita

androidkaita New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Somebody PLEASE help me

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was updating my ipod to 1.1.2 after installing oktoprep and when I clicked shift clikc and browsed for my 1.1.2 restore file, all was going well, but when I came back to the computer, an error message was on the screen saying unknown error, ipod could not be updated.

I spent a hard earned $300 on this, and I just got it 2 weeks ago. My family is going to be incredibly angry at me if it is broken. Please tell me there is a way to fix it

2. sangesf

sangesf New Member

No problem...

Follow this guide... it WILL work for you...

Just Put the iPod into RECOVERY mode... HOLD DOWN HOME AND POWER BUTTONS CONTINUOUSLY UNTIL YOU GET THE USB AND DISC ICON SHOWING UP....

IF YOU HAVE TRIED THIS AFTER YOU HAVE ADDED 1.1.3 TO YOUR iPOD, FOLLOW THIS GUIDE, TO GET IT BACK TO 1.1.1 and then JUST START AGAIN.

The world’s easiest method to downgrade your iPod touch from 1.1.3 back to 1.1.1
    NOTE: This is NOT the same as putting your iPod into RESTORE MODE. If you put your iPod into "Restore Mode" when you try to Downgrade to 1.1.1, it will give you an error.

1.) Connect your iPod touch to your running iTunes (version 7.5 is preferred).

2.) Make sure your iPod is showing its 1.1.3 home screen (it’s not in Recovery Mode.)
    (Not a problem for you it's just rebooting constantly)

3.) Put the iPod touch in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode as follows:
    (This is NOT the same as RESTORE mode.)

a.) Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.

b.) Release the Power button when you see the iPod disconnects and disappears from iTunes. This takes place in about 10 seconds. The iPod’s screen is blank.

c.) Release the Home button when you see the iPod re-connects and re-appears in iTunes. This happens in about 20 seconds. The screen is still blank until the iPod reconnects.

It’s good to go!

Now you can do the usual restore firmware procedure with Option+Restore (Shift+Restore in PC), and subsequently jailbreak your iPod touch once again.

IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS JUST GET YOUR IPOD INTO RESTORE MODE AND FOLLOW THIS GUIDE..
    (RESTORE MODE = HOLD DOWN POWER AND HOME BUTTON CONTINUOUSLY UNTIL YOU GET THE USB AND DISC ICON SHOWING UP)
  3. androidkaita

androidkaita New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It does not work T_T my ipod isnt showing up in itunes at all.

nevermind, I put it into restore mode. THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU ARE MY HERO!