iPhone 3GS Help - iPhone 3GS T-Mobile Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XxNinjaKevinxX, Aug 21, 2010.

1. XxNinjaKevinxX

XxNinjaKevinxX New Member

Hello. I'm new to all this stuff so I have a couple questions. There is this family plan and my father wants to get it from T-mobile. It's $179.99 for unlimited minutes + unlimited talk + unlimited text + unlimited web. My dad wants the HTC HD2 and so did I but then I didn't want for us to have the same phone so we can tell which one is ours. So I decided to get the iPhone 3GS unlocked running on iOS 4.0. Now, one question is when the family plan says unlimited web, does it mean that I can go on the internet when I'm out of the house and how? (With no router near to catch Wi-Fi.) My next question is when I get my new SIM card and put it in my iPhone, can I go on the internet not worrying about the bill since I have unlimited web? My next question is what is the difference between unlimited data and unlimited web? Another question is do I have to go to a T-Mobile store to figure out what plan works with the iPhone? Will the $179.99 family plan even work with the iPhone? If the plan does work for my iPhone, how do I switch from Wi-Fi to T-Mobile's internet. What is the difference between EDGE and 3G? I'm very confused and I need some answers. Thanks for all your help.

Here's a link to the T-Mobile plan I'm getting:
    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/...tgroup=Family&WT.z_unav=mst_shop_plans_family

Its under "Family Talk + Text + Web" and "Even More (2 Year Contract)"
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes, you adjust your APN settings to connect to edge

Unlimited data = unlimited web

No, because they will charge you the 30$/mo for the smartphone plan.

Yes.

The phone will do it automactically. 3G is faster than Edge but you cannot connect to tmobile's 3G because it uses a different frequency.
  3. XxNinjaKevinxX

XxNinjaKevinxX New Member

What smartphone plan? Then why pay for unlimited web? What can I do with unlimited web?