iPhone 3G HELP! iPhone 3G stuck on blank yellow screen, while travelling!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicolegranda, Aug 10, 2010.

1. nicolegranda

nicolegranda New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello all!

So i have a huge problem. i'm on a business trip far from home, and I was very low on battery on my iPhone 3G (8gb) that i have running on 4.0, jailbroken with redsn0w and unlocked to use wih my present carrier. I had it charging on outlet power, and when a call came in, while it was ringing it connected and disconnected from power with the sound it always does. Still connected, i checked my voicemail on speaker and after the fact, it disconnected again, and the screen blacked out. After a second, it turned into a blank yellow screen and now it stays like that when connected. It would flash to a black screen when unplugged and pressing the home and power buttons, but now when i try that, it does nothig at all, just goes black after i disconnect from power.

I left it charging overnight with no changes. I'm far from home and i don't have my laptop, i'm freaking out and I dont know what to do!! Help!
  2. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Did you try doing a hard reset( press home and power and wait until it turns off)

Furthermore it could be a faulty charger that has broken your phone( to much voltage ) The things you say are highly unusual.

Do you have a wall charger/ usb cable? try charging it with that if it is off and see what happens.
  3. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  4. nicolegranda

nicolegranda New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey zhi zhi, that's the thread i found last night. Tried to do what you did but i got no response, even left it overnight charging, but nothing.

The hard reset is precisely what i'm trying unsuccessfully, and the usb wall charger is what I have been using.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Also, the charger tht i'm using is charging my ipod touch 2g just fine, which is the device i'm posting here from.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just tried to connect the iPhone to my work computer, and iTunes didn't register that it was there.
  5. manpals

manpals New Member

Thanks!!!

Thanks ZhiZhi778 ur great !!!
  6. boubbin

boubbin New Member

I have the exact same problem with oldbootrom 3GS on iOS5 jailbroken with redsn0w_win_0.9.9b7 not unlocked. Baseband 05.16.04 (i think)

Was working fine for few days and then i run out of battery and plugged it into a charger (apples USB-charger) and it powered itself on. The only thing i can see now is yellow (somewhat green) blank screen.

@nicolegranda: did you ever solve problem?
  7. itouchuser08

itouchuser08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    boubbin are you near your computer
  8. boubbin

boubbin New Member

I solved it by charging the phone for good 20minutes, it seems to be very low battery indicator!
    Ayushi likes this.
  9. riswan

riswan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    my i phone is yellow screen how to clear this plzzzzzzzzz help
  10. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    This is an old thread. Make a new thread explaining your problem and you will get more help.