iPhone 3G HELP! iPhone 3G 2.2.1JB 1611 ERROR!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pow3rbull, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Pow3rbull

Pow3rbull New Member

Feb 16, 2009

I want to upgrade my 2.2.1 Jailbroken iPhone 3G to 3.0! I had nothing but problems in the process!

I needed to update to iTunes 8.2 so I did that. Then, my iPhone wasn't recognised by my Mac anymore. I put it in DFU mode, iTunes opened an began downloading 3.0. Then, it tries to update my iPhone, but hangs on ' preparing iphone for recovery'. I tried manually re-installing iTunes, but this didn' t help.

When I click on 'recover' my iphone screen goes white for 1 second, then I get the apple logo. After a while, an bar appears under the logo, but remains empty. After a long while, it goes black and reboots.

Now I got the connect to iTunes logo and iTunes re-opened. Still, every time I try to recover it it doesn't and it hangs on ' preparing iphone for recovery' and after 5 mins I get error 1611.

Please help!!!
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    mmm... some ideas but nothing concrete: 1) make sure you have an active internet connection; 2) maybe try another USB port; 3) try another computer; 4) maybe delete and redownload the firmware; 5) uninstall and reinstall itunes...

There's lots of problems with downgrading but I haven't heard of too many problems with upgrading.