HELP! IPhone 2.0 Bricked?! Please help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by salsa88, Jul 23, 2008.

1. salsa88

salsa88 New Member

So i unlocked jailbroke my iphone on 2.0 using this method
    Step 1: Use WinPWN 1.0 To PWN Your 1.1.4 iPhone. If you need WinPWN Get it: http://www.winpwn.com/files/winpwn_1..._RC1_Setup.zip
    Step 2: Install BootNeuter (Available Via Installer).
    Step 3: Run BootNeuter and have it Neuter your iphone
    Step 4: Make sure your iTunes version is at 7.7
    Step 5: Grab a pre-created IPSW Made with PWNAGE 2.0 Mac.
    Step 6

Please Register or Log in to view images

ut your phone into recovery or DFU mode. Note that some users report DFU works best while others are reporting normal recovery mode works best. If you have an error, try swapping modes and toggle between these two types of recovery until one works.
    Step 7: In iTunes Shif+Click the Restore button and find your custom IPSW Firmware file.
    http://sleepers.net/news/2008/07/20/pwnage-option-for-windows-users/

I decided i didnt like 2.0 and tried going back to 1.1.4
    I Shift + clicked into itunes 7.7 and restored to a custom 1.1.4 that a made on winpwn 1.0. and I got an "unknown error (20)"After realizing i should have down graded to 7.5 i quickly did and tried again getting a "unknown error (6)" then i tried a normal restore and it worked but i still cant unlock it because I get an unkown error when I try restoring a custom firmware 1.1.4 or 2.o or even a 1.1.4 restore file.
    What else shoul I do?
    Please help ASAP this is my work phone and need it up and running!
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    All you need to do is go back to a regular 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.5, and pwn your phone again.
  3. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hold Power and Home together till its off them when it turns back on let go of the power button untill you get a picture of a USB And iTunes, connect it to your PC and just click restore to get it back to official 2.0
  4. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    just do what mortal said ur iPhone isn't bricked.
  5. salsa88

salsa88 New Member

I downgraded to 7.5 and my iphone is in recovery mode. when i plug it in it says "detected iphone in recovery mode click restore ext.." I click restore and i get this message. "Software for this iphone is currently not available, make sure you have the latest version of Itunes.
    So now what do i do it wont let me recover in 7.5?!
    I just downloaded the 1.1.4 recovery and shift + clicked restore and clicked on my new 1.1.4 recovery it started to restore then when it finished it game me another error this time is an error 20... please help me!
  6. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    You need to do a shift+restore and click on a downloaded 1.1.4 upgrade. Try that

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. salsa88

salsa88 New Member

I can only find 1.1.4 restores not a 1.1.4 upgrade
  8. _PRaLiNeS_

_PRaLiNeS_ New Member

restart your computer and try it again. If that doesn't work, then try to redownload the firmware again and shift+click
  9. salsa88

salsa88 New Member

Ok i followed this guide
    http://theiphoneproject.org/index.php/faq

Now im at the bottom where i just need to winpwn my iphone again my question is I browsed to my 1.1.4 restore file, then it says "starting pwnage" now do i go into ipsw builder and how do i change my baseban back to 1.1.4 so i can unlock my iphone again?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    well i cant get 1.1.4 to work with 7.5 so im going to stay on 2.0 with 7.7