help installing roms

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by lawlroms, May 25, 2008.

1. lawlroms

lawlroms New Member

sry im kinda new to the whole jailbreaking thing, but is there a program i need to install to access the /var/root/media file, and if you could leave a possible link for me it would be much appreciated!

*edit*
    i downloaded cuteftp 8 professional, i put in my ip then use root as the username and alpine as the password it doesnt work, i get an error saying "The host validation failed. check that the username and password are correct. Press NO to skip check.

i cant seem to get it to connect
  2. Fel29

Fel29 New Member

I have the same problem than you. Try to add this source: http://gbarepo.servegame.com it didn't work for me but maybe it will work for you. This source create a new categorie in the instaler: gba games

If someone know another way to instal roms i'd like to know it.
  3. master110

master110 New Member

I KNOW HOW TO INSTALL GBA ROMs for gpSPhone:
    1) go to installer and go to sources
    2)press edit then press add
    3)write http://ride4.org/shai.xml
    4)go to install then go to sources
    5)install all sources*no te:it will take a little time because there are loads of sources to refresh but it takes very little amount of space from ur iphone

Please Register or Log in to view images

6)go back to install after the refresh and and check for a folder called *WOW* if it is there scroll down to sources and go to all sources remove or so and install it when it is 1 out 8 finished or so press home button and reboot iphone
    7)when the WOW folder is gone go to GBA ROMs or game boy Roms and install the Rom(s) u want
  4. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you install OpenSSH
    you need this to access the file system with cuteftp
  5. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

add repo.iphoneroms.com
    then install fropm installer
  6. charizard

charizard New Member

what is cuteftp is that like winSCP ?

because the way i did it on my ipod was install openSSH then i used WinSCP to SSH the roms to my ipod.