Help installing ipod touch 3.0 onto 2g ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by 123doyle123, May 1, 2009.

1. 123doyle123

123doyle123 New Member

ok heres the problem, i have downloaded the iPod touch 3.0 firmware file and whenever i try to restore my iPod i get an error after the restore 'has finished' saying : "iTunes could not connect the iPod "iPod touch" because an unknown error occured (0xE800005D) and my iPod just shows the connect to itunes screen.

I have tried putting it into DFU mode and starting again but the same thing happens and my laptop's internet is disconnected during the restore, i have also tried taking the cable out and putting it back in and i still get the same error message. The file i have downloaded is called "iPod2,1_3.0_7A238j_Restore.ipsw". That is the file i am having all the dramas with.

I have restored my iPod touch back to jailbroken 2.2.1 for now but i would really like to try 3.0 because it has bluetooth.

Thanks in advance
  2. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats SO WEIRD, mainly cuz developers know that that's beta 1, and were on beta 4 right now...

oh yea, and dont bother getting that one either, cuz it comes with a beta version of itunes that checks if ur a dev rigorously and doesnt let u upgrade if ur not one
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

so you're willing to try Apple's buggiest firmware, just so you can have bluetooth??? i was willing to install Apple's buggiest firmware because i wanted a head start on my app. wait for the public release, the beta is only for developers.
  4. pody08

pody08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    actually itunes lets you upgrade to beta 4 if you turn off your internet (even on 8.2). But i do agree with shiben, you are way behind on 3.0.
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

don't talk about circumventing the 3.0 beta check. it'll get you banned.
  6. khabendra

khabendra New Member

unknown error occured and i couldn't get back my ipod touch

I have the same problem here but how did you restored it back to 2.2.1 please solve my problem it's very important i have tried a lot but couldn't get back
  7. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm thats just weird. jus go back the finial 3.0 software isnt too much far away