Help : Installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by welshboy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey, i know there might already be threads asking the same thing, but im in a big rush so i didnt have time to search, i installed 1.1.3 works fine (the one with the apps and everything built in) installer worked too, and then i installed bosstool, didnt even use it because it doesnt show me any option to move my apps:S and now this morning went to install a game and it doesnt install, it shows downloading and isntalling and just before it finishes it closes installer, this happens with ALL programs and file i try to download, any help would be appreciated
  2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

1: Sorry you are in a rush, I feel for you.

2: As you are in a rush, the best place to look would be the TECH SUPPORT sticky at the top of this forum.

3. This is possible the most common problem on 1.1.3.

There, wasn't that easy.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Or you could help the guy by telling him that the cause of his problem has nothing to do with the 1.1.3 upgrade, but rather with the fact that his OS partition is filled.

If you do want to carry this to the 1.1.3 upgrade, you could mention that the version from that repository creates a 280 MB root partition instead of the standard 300MB. And while that doesn't sound like a big difference, it is huge when you consider that until the apps are moved (or moving fonts clears up a lot of space), there'll never be enough space to install.
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Man, I understand you, but this sort of thread is the exact reason that this section of the forum is messed up.

His problem is experienced by MANY, MANY users and as such has been answered many many times.

There is a dedicated Thread to offer Technical Support for the 1.1.3 Jailbreak, with descripions of ALL the common problems, and how to fix them, including this one....

Sure I could have provided the link, but the Stickies and search are there for a reason and it is such a COMMON problem, the solution does require yet another thread dedicated to it.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Trust me, on this forum, telling people to search does no good. It's best to provide the links to help. On other forums, sure, but think of the average age of the members here. It doesn't work (we've tried).

Plus, if you have 50 threads telling people to search, then when they do search, all they'll find are those same 50 threads without answers. Which, of course, only leads to more threads with the dame question.
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Point taken.