Help Installer gone. I am new to jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dxhmadx, Nov 27, 2007.

1. dxhmadx

dxhmadx New Member

i just jailbroke my touch for thd first time. i went to the installer and pressed update, it failed and crashed, now there is no installer app visual i only got the iphone apps. what should i do, i am a rookie with this stuff should i just restore then rejailbreak it? Any help is appreciated.
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Were you updating the Installer itself? There are a lot of sites explaining how to put the Install on the iPod, I don't think you need to start from scratch and Jailbreak again.

You should also be able to simply put back the application in /Applications with a program like WinSCP if you feel comfortable with this, but that suppose you have the application files on your PC. Maybe the first method above is easier.
  3. MacAttack53

MacAttack53 New Member

Which method of jailbreaking did you use? Was this for 1.1.1?

The easiest method I have seen and one that I have used myself was www.jailbreakme.com

You just go to that site on your iPod Touch with safari and click "Installer" and it adds it all back.
  4. dxhmadx

dxhmadx New Member

Thanks for your help guys. I turned it off when I went to bed last night, and woke up ready to restore it and the installer was back.
  5. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ah, I didn't know this method yet, sounds to be the best of all

Please Register or Log in to view images