Help-Installer Bounces back to Main Window?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cattitude, Mar 11, 2009.

1. cattitude

cattitude New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey all, I have managed to update my itouch to 2.0 and then jailbreak, went to update after it told me there was something like 16 much needed updates or I might get errors, In updating on Cydia advice it crashed the Ipod, had to restore, only option.

Anyway all working BUT, each time I go to try get say a game from installer, Cydia or Apps store (free ones of course) the stupid thing bounced right back to my icons as if I had not even entered! The apps store is asking me for a username and password WTF!

Anyone suggest whats going on as its got me lost.
    Maybe I didnt do something right.

thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The App Store is asking you for your iTunes account information. That's how you purchase apps.
  3. cattitude

cattitude New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I didnt pay for the copy of 2.0 (went from 1.2 upgraded to 1.5 then use restore method with 2.0 file) so I dont have username and password. this problem also happens when trying to get games from Cydia and installer.
    any suggestions around this?

thanks again
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

well cydia and installer crashing could just need a reboot. but to use the app store you need an itunes account - get one, theyre free.
  5. cattitude

cattitude New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nope cydia doesnt just need an reboot to fix problem as thats been done, already done the simple things thats why im here...

as for joining apple to get the freebies well that suxs as NOT all of us have credit card details to freely splash around to them so looks like im F***ed there. no credit card details = no access

is anyone else able to help with WHY installed or Cydia crashes out when i try to get downloads?
    im about to give up!