Help in simcity gameplay

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by breyden, Dec 27, 2008.

1. breyden

breyden Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I am having trouble with setting out the water pipes and electricity to all the houses and stuff.. the tutorial is quite brief and i don't realy learn how to do these things...

Would you mind explaining it with a picture... i am a slow learner..

Thanks
  2. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea me too..i gave up on the game but if some one could post actual gameplay (the begining) i would go back to it
  3. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I basically just grid the whole place with pipes. You can't really go wrong
  4. Aramyth

Aramyth New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    lol

Build your power plant and then basically just connect your power plant with power lines to the closest zone (usually a industrial area) to the power plant. Then all the ones that are right next to the one you connected will have power as well. If you leave any unzoned or unbuilt space between zones, you'll have to use power lines to reconnect.

For water; I'll use the water tower (most basic) as the example. Build your water tower, make sure it has power by building it next to a zone that has power. Then just build pipes from your water tower. Give it a few seconds and the blocks around the pipe will turn blue, I think it's 5 on each side of the pipe. That means these blocks have water. If you build pipes and the squares are still orange, you need to build a new water tower, any location is good just make sure you connect it to the system.
  5. breyden

breyden Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    So just add a power plant and just add the electricity to the edge of the zones??

Same for water pipes?
  6. Googleman

Googleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no, pipelines must go trough the zones and all buildings, and remember to have enough water towers to supply water.
  7. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

ur gonna need a lot of water towers.. it took me a long time to figure this out, i went to the model cities they gave u, and found out how to do it
  8. Aramyth

Aramyth New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Power once you connect the first zone as long as all your other zones are touching zones with power, you're good. If you leave a space, (sometimes you save a space for something later or whatever) you just connect them with power lines.

Water pipes need to be throughout the whole city. When you build them, try to put them where they'll have the most blue squares around them. Mess around with them and you will get a feel for it. Just remember that blue = they have water and orange = no water.

Bust out the "I am weak" cheat on a new city to play around with it and get a feel for how things works.
  9. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Phew. I thought I was the only one on the planet that didn't know how to play Sim City.
  10. breyden

breyden Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thanks for the support =P
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    But the electricty goes right to the edge right?