Help: I'm new and have some questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smamirshahi, Sep 7, 2008.

1. smamirshahi

smamirshahi New Member

Hi. I have a lot of questions about my iPod touch 32GB.

1) Can I delete or rename the files that I have already in my iPod touch?

2) Can I rotate my photos in iPod touch? I mean rotate a picture to any degree that I want!!

3) Can I use iPod touch as a flash memory and use it to transfer other files like office files. If I can, does iPod recognize mp3 files if I send them to iPod using mycomputer?

4)...
    5)...

I'm new in iPod and I want to see what can I do to use it in best conditions.
  2. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. yes. use ssh or total commander. search for em. no one's gonna spoon feed you.
    2. No.
    3. kind of....after you jailbreak. u use itunes to send songs to ipod
  3. smamirshahi

smamirshahi New Member

thank you jniranjan. are you from iran?

sorry, I even dont know what is jailbreak! I search in internet and find out jailbreak is a process that we can update our ipod but without paying any money. kind a hack! Am I right?

please help me. If I want to describe my third question I should say that imagine I want to connect my iPod touch to a windows PC that dont have iTunes and I want to copy a file on my iPod and bring it back home. Could Mycomputer recognize my iPod as a cool disk?

sorry if I ask silly questions and sorry if my english is not good!
  4. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Jailbreaking is the process of gaining root access on the iPod touch and iPhone's filesystem. It's not the process of getting free firmware 2.0, as that's illegal.

Unfortunately, unless you own a Mac, it's not that straight forward. File transfers have to (I believe) be done via wifi, not using the cable.

You might want to look into a program called DTunes. I've not used it, and I think it's firmware 2.0 only, but from what I've heard I think it allows you to add music to your library without syncing. Someone else would be better commenting about this though.
  5. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its not syncing, because the songs arent imported to your library, just to the dtunes playlist which is in some folder other then music.

also dude if you just bought an ipod touch i would seriously consider returning it because the next generation model is due to come out tomorrow.