help!!!!!! im getting an error in xcode!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by steve19137, Feb 28, 2009.

1. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

im able to start xcode just fine and im able to run interface uilder just fine also. but when i run into trouble is when i want to build and run the app. it gives me an error.

No architectures to compile for (ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES, active arch=ppc, VALID_ARCHS=i386).

what does that mean, and how do i fix it? im very, very, very new to iphone development and im making the hello world app. im following the book "beginning iphone development: exploring the iphone sdk". im running 10.5.6 on a powerbook G4 with 867 MHz. im not part of the developer program, but i just want to have an original game. is the problem because im using a powerpc? thats what i expect since "ppc" is in the error. please help me asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The problem is you are using a PowerPC, it states when you download the SDK you need to have an Intel based machine.
  3. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

what if i were to get a mac mini... would that be compatible with xcode?
  4. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes. It will be.
  5. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

thanks. ill look into that.
  6. samcal

samcal New Member

Try This Software

Hello, I am also a ppc user running an imac G5. To install the iPhone SDK, use a piece of software called Pacifist. It forces the computer to install it and it actually worked. As for the error, you just need to go into a file located at:
    Your Hard Drive > Platforms > iPhoneSimulator.platform > Developer > Library > Xcode > Specifications, where you see the file iPhone Simulator Architectures.xcspec. Open this file in a text editor and you should see a line in the code that looks like this:
    RealArchitectures = ( i386 );
    change it so that it looks like this:
    RealArchitectures = ( i386,ppc );
    Finally, save the file and quit xcode (save all your changes) when you relaunch Xcode and open your file, it should compile and run well.
  7. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Sounds good, I can't actually confirm this because I don't own a PPC. It looks like a good idea.