Help, i'm a noob

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jonnysevil86, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Jonnysevil86

Jonnysevil86 New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    I am seriously confused. I want to transfer files from my laptop to my ipod touch. Do I have to use FTP? I'm trying to get the roms off my comp onto the touch. I tried downloading WINSCP and freeSSH. I toyed around with it alittlebit but I can't figure it out. can I just send them through the lan to the ipod using a command promt? Anyway, any help ?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I guess it would help it I had any idea how to use FTP and all that.
  2. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    take no credit for this just watched a video and wrote the steps from there give this a try
    also are you 1.1.2 jailbreak or 1.1.1

if 1.1.2 make sure you have the SSH icon on itouch on

now go to link and download and run program called "WinSCP". this will allow you to acess your itouch through wifi like you would when you add items to your xbox

once you have program installed and running

first line is your ip address
    go to setting on itouch/wifi/your connection/blue triangle to the right / and there it is if you didin't already know it

username is "root"
    password is "alpine"

save settings don't have to unless ya wanna type it in every time you connect

now once connected you should see 3 folders to the right
    click media folder now right click and create new directory name it "ROMs" then open that folder and create "NES" this is where the roms go

download to desktop change location from local disk to desktop on the program we download go to top change to desktop should see roms drag to nes folder and your good

watch a video and just dumbed it down to my level take no credit for this big up to those that made it :smoke:
  3. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2007