Help ililberty+ Jailbreaking please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by qwertyuiopas, Jul 5, 2008.

1. qwertyuiopas

qwertyuiopas New Member

Ok, so I'm on my second Ipod Touch 8gb because my first one was buggy and I got to exchange it free for a new one today. On my first, I jailbroke it easily and sucessfully using Ziphone but about a month and a half later it got corrupted so I manually restored it and could not for the life of me jailbreak it again even using iliberty+. (restored 10+ times) I figured it was the ipod but now with my brand new one, I STILL can't jailbreak it.

Problem: So upon opening my 8gb ver 1.1.4 touch I set it up and proceeded to jailbreak it using iliberty+. I noticed something strange as the connect to itunes screen turned purple but I though w/e so when it finished, at the connect to itunes screen at the end, instead of transitioning to the slide to unlock screen, it didn't and stayed at the connect to itunes screen.

I don't know what went wrong and if this is of any importance, I replaced Cydia with Installer. I've tried two more times restoring and jailbreaking even with an older version of iliberty+ and no luck. And yes, I set up as "New Ipod" w/ a diff name.

Please help!
  2. RenegadeSentinal

RenegadeSentinal New Member

Jailbreak

If it turns purple then you did jailbreak it but you did not install Cydia or Installer. The way to get Cydia or Installer or both is to go to the top tabs (in iliberty) and select advanced the go to the bottom and select Payloads available on repo. Click refresh and then check off the following.

1. BSD Subsystem
    2. Cydia (Your choice)
    3. Installer
    4. Open SSH
    5. Relocate Fonts and Ringtones

And then after that go to the green tab "Local Payloads" and check off the aforementioned. Click go for it and leave the ipod alone for about 2 minutes and it will be completely jailbroken with installer and everything you need. It will not leave you with the Zibri's blog icon! iLiberty may seem confusing but is really simple when you do it. If you have any questions then please pm me.
  3. qwertyuiopas

qwertyuiopas New Member

Still turns purple and still gets stuck. I even tried putting both Cydia and installer.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    you are trying to jailbreak 2.0 right... Get 1.1.4
  5. qwertyuiopas

qwertyuiopas New Member

Nope, trying to jailbreak 1.1.4.
  6. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Listen, I would never suggest this usually...

But download ZiPhone, and click "Jailbreak".

Never suggest it to anyone, but if you need to...use it.
  7. qwertyuiopas

qwertyuiopas New Member

Tried it, it gets stuck after the huge Z and says like 1'30.

It seems there's no answer...I'll keep trying.

quick q: Is there anyway to get installer after jailbreaking and getting cydia w/o restoring and rejailbreaking? Could I just SSH it in there?
  8. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You could try I guess. I'll attach my Installer.app from my iPod.

Attached Files:

9. qwertyuiopas

qwertyuiopas New Member

Was this site unavailable to anyone else? I wasn't able to access it this whole day.

So, I finally am able to jailbreak after EXTENSIVE testing and restoring and I found that my problem was the youtube fix don't know why but when it was checked I couldn't get past...I tried installing installer though iliberty+ but it failed and said abort. I really would prefer Installer over Cydia and I tried SSHing it in but when I opened it it just brought me back to the summerboard.

I have no idea what's wrong with everything and why I'm having so many problems.

Oh and thanks for the installer!
  10. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    maybe you should just redownload the firmware. It might be corrupted.