Help - iDroid won't uninstall

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by samir5421, Jun 12, 2010.

1. samir5421

samir5421 New Member

Help?!?!?!???

Hi, I installed iDroid with openiboot, and I didn't know what would happen if you do a hard reboot, so I did it and now it keeps saying "Possible unclean shutdown..." I have tried restoring with DFU and with normal recovery, but every time I try to install openiboot again, I get the same error. I have searched and tried everything, but nothing works. Please help. Thanks.
  2. TheNikkoMan

TheNikkoMan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it says "ftl restore scanning virtual blocks 0-999", just wait for a long time. It could take up to a day.
  3. agg23

agg23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It doesn't take a day on my touch, only about 5-10 minutes. Next time you shutdown, open terminal and type
    Code:
    su
    reboot
  4. samir5421

samir5421 New Member

Awesome it worked, I was able to install it

Please Register or Log in to view images

but now I still get the error when booting into android, I have read everything online and recopied all of the files, set permissions, used tunnelier, ifunbox, etc. but nothing works. Any advice would be great, thanks.
  5. droid_junkie

droid_junkie New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    still get what error...DO NOT HARD RESET your ipod when booted into android. you need to go to dev tools, then terminal emulator and type "su" press enter "reboot" and press enter
  6. TheNikkoMan

TheNikkoMan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    also, use a kernel with ADB USB support, so if touch or something should lock up, you can reboot through your computer instead of doing a hard reboot. What error do you get when booting android?
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

so i had idroid installed but i uninstalled it and it wont reinstall what do I need to do to get it back
  8. itachi2121

itachi2121 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was running iDroid on my device and messing around and it randomly went black and was unresponsive. I WAS FORCED to force restart and now it doesnt work. I used Bootlace since I do not have a linux computer and tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also restored to see if it worked but before and after restore I get the ftl restore scanning virtual blocks and then it finishes, starts the android kernel thingy and does the exact same thing but says randomly failed to get battery level and keeps the restore scanning thing and then it fades to a black screen where it is unresponsive. What do I do? PLZ help!