Help , I think I just screwed up my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by hyze101, May 18, 2008.

1. hyze101

hyze101 New Member

OK, so I have a 16 Gb pwned ipod touch. I help the power and the homebutton at the same time so I could turn it off. It worked, but when I turned it back on the pinnaple thing came on and stayed like that. So I decided to kill the power. So I left for a few hours. When I cam back home, it was off. I turned it on and now it still has the pinneaple thing and a white spinny clock thing in the middle of it and I hear the same sound when you plug in your ipod in a charger ever few seconds.

So what should I do to fix it?

I just fiured out I can still SSH into my ipod touch what should I do
  2. squire51

squire51 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    does it show up in itunes. repwn it. then just make a custom firmware with just installer on it. try that
  3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    have you tried restoring, if not do that..
  4. kockgunner

kockgunner New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    when it's rebooting, press the home button quickly and randomly. sometimes that helps for some reason. try doing that many times and keep rebooting the ipod. if not, restore
  5. pepeamma2

pepeamma2 New Member

i have the same problem

hi i have the same problem my ipod stays in the apple logo i already try all plis help me!!! i am desesperaid plis!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. yanks303

yanks303 New Member

I just got this problem 10 minutes ago. Mine shows up on Itunes. how do I repwn? it???? and then how do I make a custom firmware with just installer on it? Does this get rid of all my apps? Then I mine as well just restore.
  7. Chewbocko

Chewbocko New Member

Dunno if this will help but here we go

Step 1: Hold the "Home" and "Power off" button at the same time so it forces a power down

Step 2: Hold the "Home" button while plugging it into your computer, continue to hold the home button until you get a connect to Itunes icon.

Step 3: Restore your Ipod.

Hope that helps you, I realize you will be losing your data but its a sacrifice that your probably willing to take.
  8. squire51

squire51 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    i had this problem then i rewinpwn it. then just made a custom firmware with installer on it. and it seemed to work. since winpwn isnt stable yet it still has some bugs. download winpwn then download 1.1.4 firmware. theres many tuts on ipodtouched.net
  9. yanks303

yanks303 New Member

Yeah, I just restored it, sad but neccessary so I was okay with having a working Ipod. Thanks everyone.
  10. yanks303

yanks303 New Member

Also just to add how I think it broke... I was trying to free some space on BossTools and so I relocated my apps, that worked fine and everything was working great. I tried relocating my fonts(didn't know and still don't know what they are) and it freed up 29 MB and I was like sweet then tried to open up everything on my home screen, internet, music, icopter,installer, etc. They all crashed immediately and so I tried to restart it and then during the restart the apple logo came up and the swirly and I was like damn...So I think it was the relocate fonts that did it too me!