Help, I need to do a NOR flash restore (not sure if that's what it is called)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouch_9714, Apr 13, 2009.

1. itouch_9714

itouch_9714 New Member

My iPod touch is stuck at the boot screen. I was changing my iPod's font using FontSwap, and my iPod crashed. I restored my iPod and reinstalled everything(after jailbreaking it again of course). Anyways I used FontSwap again, and the same thing happened again

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Now my iPod is stuck at the boot screen again. I was reading a thread on here, and learned that I have the option to restore to a NOR only firmware or whatever it's called. Problem is I don't know how to do that. Can someone please tell me how to do that? Thank you. Any help is much appreciated.
  2. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    If you have an iPod touch 2G then I would go with quickpwn v0.3 from the Dev Team. That is a great NOR flash Jailbreak
  3. itouch_9714

itouch_9714 New Member

Oh. How do I restore like that in a way so it wouldn't erase all the content on my iPod? Can you please tell me how to do it? Sorry for sounding like a noob. Oh and thank you very much for replying/your help.
  4. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    First of all what device do you have and what computer operaing system do you have. Also is you iPod stuck on the boot logo or anything, I need some details on what happened.
  5. itouch_9714

itouch_9714 New Member

Ok, I'm running Windows XP. I have a 16GB iPod touch. As I mentioned in my original post, my iPod is stuck at the boot screen.
  6. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ok, you still didn't tell me if you have a 1st or 2nd generation iPod Touch. But if it is a 2nd Gen, then go to http://blog.iphone-dev.org and download QuickPwn Beta v0.3 from the newest post at the bottom of the post. Then read the read me file and put your ipod into DFU and use the tool as instrucked. If that doesn't work, post back and we'll try again. Let me know if you have trouble getting into DFU!!

The download is found on redsnow.com, make sure it is Beta 0.3 because it is the newest version.
  7. itouch_9714

itouch_9714 New Member

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Oh and yes it's a second gen iPod- forgot to mention that.
  8. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Your welcome. I assumed you had a 2G. I'm not sure if you were already stuck on the boot logo if this would work, but I think if you get it into DFU and flash the NOR with the Beta QuickPwn it may work. So let me know...
  9. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it doesn't matter if it's stuck at boot

home+power 10 seconds, then release power and continue holding home for 10 seconds
    then open up redsnow.exe (quickpwn .3) then wait 5mins, then viola!
  10. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    When I used 0.3 it booted in less then 2min.... Is 5min common???