Help!!! I my used ipod touch wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by scbarr89, Jul 5, 2010.

1. scbarr89

scbarr89 New Member

I just bought an 2nd gen ipod touch 16 gb off craigslist for $90 and it wont turn on and is not detected by my itunes i just downloaded the latest version of itunes and i'v looked every were on the web for some kinda help and tried every possiable way i can of turning it on and nothing happens not even a flicker on the screen i'v has it plugged in for the last 3 hours and still nothing. The guy i bought it from is not responding to me and the warrenty is over so apple wont help me at all and i don't know if it's been jailbroken or what but it wont even give me the start up logo or anything it's just a black screen not even the backlight is on. can someone please help me. Thank you to anyone who has taken time to look at this and sorry for any spelling mistakes i'm just in a rush and very dissapointed with my purchues.
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, so this might work. Plug the USB cord into your computer, but not your iPod. Make sure that iTunes is open. Then HOLD the home button WHILE you plug in the other side of the cord into your iPod. The white Apple logo should appear. You need to KEEP HOLDING the home button until your iPod goes into Recovery Mode. Then just restore it using iTunes. If that doesn't work, then try to put it into DFU mode.
  3. recruit410

recruit410 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU- Holde the POWER and HOME button for 15 seconds, then release the POWER button whilts holding the HOME button for a another 10-20 seconds
  4. scbarr89

scbarr89 New Member

i got nothing my computer didn't eveb make the ding noise when you plug or unpluge a usb device. i'm using windows vista and neither of the ways worked i tried both before and both again just now. this is really annoying i can't belive i got this badly ripped off.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and i just ran a dignostics on my itunes and it found everything but my ipod which was plugged in at the time
  5. Naveen121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Aren't there certain rules for buying and selling stuff on the Internet via whatever website is kinda like the middle man (like eBay if you buy it there)? Whatever object is being sold has to fit the minimum requirements or something, or else the seller is forced by law to take it back for a return, or something like that. Do what you can be contacting the guy who sold it to you or the owner of the Craig's List website.
  6. scbarr89

scbarr89 New Member

i'm trying to see if they can get me any contect information or away or findind people who may have delt with him in the past cuase it's hard to sue someone with out an address or real name. but i'm trying my best to track him down right now. thank you for your help though
  7. Naveen121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, no problem. Good luck, though!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wait why did you buy an iPod for $90? That would seem very suspicious to me..
  9. scbarr89

scbarr89 New Member

it would but i buy pats from my car for very cheap off that site poeple always upgrade or buy a different product or are in tight spots and need to sell things quickly to pay bills on there so you uselly get some decent stuff this is the first time i'v been ripped off on there.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    what if i try to rejail break it can i do that if i can't get it tunered on or detected at all?