Help. I have a wordpress question.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by SkylarEC, Aug 1, 2009.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with WordPress and plugins for it. I just recently added Code Snippet, a plugin that performs syntax highlighting with the ultimate goal of being able to post source code on my blog as well as this site.

The problem that I am having is with the coloring of the text. Instead of things being the color I have set in the plugin's php, the words are colored to match my theme's CSS (I have tried several themes to confirm that it is theme colored as opposed to proper colors).

My question is "How do I fix this?" The instructions said that I should add a link to the plugin's stylesheet in the header as well as define .codenippet. I tried that to no effect. Clearly, I am doing somethign wrong, as others have this working perfectly. This forum, for example, uses a syntax highlighting plugin based on the same engine as CodeSnippet (part of the main reason I went with CodeSnippet in the first place).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced,
    Skylar

Sample blog posting with Code Snippet plugin enabled: http://www.skylarcantu.com/blog/2009/07/28/shrinking-tables-as-seen-in-spotlight/
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I believe the option your looking for may be in the options for the theme. The one i deal with has the option to use its styling for addons and had the option to turn it off for them. I would look through the appearance options in the theme. They are however all different so it may not be as easy with the themes you currently use.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

No, my themes that I like (I don't really like any theme) don't have that option.

: (

Thanks though, I apreciate the effort.

EDIT: Problem solved. That's a lie, but the issue is no more. I simply took the color values that I want and hard coded a separate css file, which I @import into the main css file. This means that I can never post code in any other language than Objective-C. It also means that I have all the coloring correct.