HELP i DONT WANNA THROW THIS iPHONE AWAY! =[

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HackerxKid201, Jun 17, 2009.

1. HackerxKid201

HackerxKid201 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    About 2 months ago I got assaulted for my iPhone3G. Just a week ago i got a another one but used. This iphone3g though is marked as stolen/lost and when i try poppin in my At&t sim card i dont get service. My plan and everything else is alright I even asked the guy at AT&T and he said it dosent matter i wont get tracked down or anything for having a stolen iPhone. But being that theres no service means that the IMEI is blocked. I tried using ziphone to change the IMEI but nothing happens. Is there any other way to change it? Im currently using iphone1st gen and im sick of edge and i dont wanna get rip of this nice iphone3g so anyone can help me out?
  2. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    omg! How did you get assaulted? -gets popcorn- I'm really interested in knowing how you got assaulted, where, etc.
    I'm 14, and I might get an iPhone, but I dont wanna get mugged for it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Jailbreak it?
  3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't buy stolen iPhones.

Move along.
  4. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

What he said!
  5. HackerxKid201

HackerxKid201 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I got assaulted by 6 guys in broad daylight, i even had findmyi installed on my iphone and got the gps location on the phone. Port authority didnt help at all. Just becareful DONT use apple headphones. They attract attention and makes you a target. Just be careful where you pull out your devices.

hxc i read you got your ipod stolen so i dont understand why you would just reply that way. I didnt buy the iphone yet. Im triying it out to see if it works but it i dont get to change the IMEI then ill just return it
  6. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    its probably your own iphone your buying and the guy selling it to you is probably laughing his head off.
  7. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    he probably flashed his iphone out in the open like an idiot.

Its all good for me tho cause where I live anyone who wants an iphone just goes and buys one. (everyone here is spoiled by their parents)

but DAM new jersey is just an hour away from where i live (NYC)
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    When I take the train into Philadelphia I am always careful, especially at the station, where with so many people a mugger could slip away easily. Apple headphones in public is a big no-no. Always be aware of your surroundings.
  9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I live in Philadelphia and don't go out of my way to hide my iphone. I have been stuck up a few times and they never got anything from me, exept one time were the guy pistal wipped me and knocked me out and a tooth, but, I got my money back and he now walks with a cane

I usually have a nice sharp stabby thing on me, just incase. Just fight back. They target you because they think it will be easy, once you show them its not that easy they usually back down.

Not the best advice, but no one is stealling anything from me if I can help it.

On topic: There is nothing you can do to make that phone work once its blocked.
  10. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Good advice. I also carry one of these one me at all times.

On topic: OP don't buy the phone, it will cause you more trouble than it;s worth.