Help! I can't play video in YouTube even in safari

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Magnum07, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Magnum07

Magnum07 New Member

A week ago I bought the last itouch 2nd G, because I thought apple made good products with which I will have no problems , but after trying the main application this Chinese shiny thing can do, I started to be disapointed when I realized that firstly the YouTube application didn't work it said "youtube not available" so then I tried to watch videos using safari but here again videos didn't work (instead of the video I get a pict with a play spot banned in the middle and a quicktime logo in the bottom right hand corner).
    The other problem is that google earth doesn't work it says that the server is not available, and I cannot play preview in itune store.to so solve it I tried to restore it but didn't work, phoned apple support it was useless, now I desperately don't know how fix it.
    So if any one had the same problem or know how to fix it
    That would be great.
    thanks for help

For information my connection work fine and I am connect to the university wifi which use a vpn and a proxy, is that may cause problems?
    Also my itouch is not jailbroken should I do it.
  2. fishnride

fishnride New Member

Get onto a clean WiFi connection. They've probably got all that stuff blocked so as not to have 100's of students eating up bandwidth with electronic ddevices.
  3. Magnum07

Magnum07 New Member

Its what thought But nothing is blocked on a computer, can it be only for itouch?
    But you are right I have to try an other wifi connection.
  4. Magnum07

Magnum07 New Member

Is nobody else had already the same problems as me?
    Or know a way to fix it?I thought that more people could (at least try)to help me.

Thank for those who want help me.
  5. simonFM

simonFM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey, well firstly you can't play videos directly from safari because they don't have flash, so thats supposed to be like that.

so you have to just use the youtube app..
    when you first get your ipod you have to plug your ipod in to a pc while both a connected to the internet before it works, try that, and let me know if it works afterwards

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Lucky7Syn

Lucky7Syn New Member

theres this thing calld mxtube which u shud download and try from there and if you like ur vid you can download them OMG! >=) and its in good quality and theb there always last resort
    RESTORE
    http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=IIWLJW38
  7. Magnum07

Magnum07 New Member

Well the computer I use is connect to Internet by wifi as well as my itouch (do meant connect together at the same time to internet?)and the installed software version is the last one. So I guess I did nothing wrong concerning the setup of the iPod, also I think I might should be able to play some videos like those videos on the apple web site, or some other web site which lunch the YouTube app for play videos.
    Or should I jailbrake my itouch to do that stuff.

Thank for helping me with my strange problem.
  8. WafflesRus

WafflesRus New Member

I signed up just to answer your question. xD.
    All you have to do is plug your iPod into your computer (with an internet connection), connect your iPod to a wifi connection, then just start up the youtube app. It should work afterwards. Also make sure iTunes is up and running on your computer

And to SimonFM, are you high? You can play videos from safari... youtube videos... yepp. He's high.
  9. Magnum07

Magnum07 New Member

Hey thank for your answer but I tried it and it still don't work.there isvno changement.what should I try?can it come from the internet connection? proxy ,VPN ?
  10. hazzah

hazzah New Member

to wafflesrus: are you high? without ur ipod being jailbroken (i assume magnum 07s isnt) you cant watch youtube videos directly from safari on the touch. they havent yet designed a flash player compatible with it. the only way is to jailbreak or use the youtube app.