Help I can't get my ipod to jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PinkL, Mar 8, 2010.

1. PinkL

PinkL New Member

So I have an ipod touch 2nd generation (Non mc)

I have tried jailbreaking my ipod with blackra1n and redsn0w. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I downloaded the ipod software 1.3.2 and did everything in the tutorials i found online.

my ipod either gets stuck on a black blank screen after redsn0w says its finished and it has to wait for the ipod to reboot. One time I waited over 10 minutes and it still was a black blank screen.

other times my ipod gets stuck on the usb plug and itunes icons.

in both cases i have to do a hard reset to get my ipod back up and running and none of the times was cydia installed..

i literally have been at this for hours and hours, and i am beyond frustrated..

this is the 1st time i have tried jailbreaking and i did a ton of research and followed youtube videos exactley how they were portrayed numerous times.. i know i am not the only one who has experienced this problem and am just looking for someone to help me jailbreak this thing..
  2. markhardy0877

markhardy0877 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok. this is what i need you to do. go to Settings > General > About. tell me what Version it says you have. then what model you have. lets start there.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    do you have itunes installed?

1.3.2? fail?
  4. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The OP is probably trying to follow a guide written for a FW above 2.0 where the he\\ did you dig up that ipod? 1.3.2

Please Register or Log in to view images