Help! I cant fix my ipod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elijahxtm, May 6, 2009.

1. elijahxtm

elijahxtm New Member

I got my ipod touch 2nd gen for my birthday in april. i jailbroke it about a week ago. it was working perfectly and i think the battery was almost dead, then i tried to do the power and home restart. but the ipod never turned back on. i tried useing quick boot, and a white screen came up and then went away. i tried this many times. i also tried using 1click boot. nothing happened. every time i try to restore it useing itunes shift+restore it always says firmware not recognized. except when i try to restore it back to custom firm ware, then it say error 1601. i think the ipod is completely dead, and i cant get it to charge, even with my wall charger. So does any body know how to fix it? and charge it? and also, is my warranty gone?
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    If it doesn't seem like its charging it stil make be.

DFU mode first

shift click restore

find your original 2.2.1 ipsw

restore to that

(then rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.3 which is untethered) optional
  3. elijahxtm

elijahxtm New Member

ok im going to try that. i let it charge all day not in dfu, and its (should be) in dfu charging right now. the file is downloading now. im going to try it tomorrow after school (and letting it charge while im at school.) and tell you if it works when i get home.

P.S. im charging using my wall adapter.
  4. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

just relax...

It's most likely in DFU mode. It always manages to scare me every time I get it

Just take a deep breath

in*

out*

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. elijahxtm

elijahxtm New Member

im wondering if i put it in dfu the right way. i used a stop watch on my cell phone. heres what i did.
    -Hold home and power at the same time for exactly ten seconds.
    -let go of power.
    -hold home for another 8 seconds.

im pretty sure it doesnt have to be hooked up to a computer to be put in dfu, am i right. and when it is, it doesnt make the 'ding' noise anymore. it just says devise not recognized
    (i still havent tried what nburnes said. its still charging)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok so now i tried it. i tunes didnt recognize any thing. so i couldnt restore it. this sucks. it doesnt even make the little bleepy noise on the computer