Help I cannot upgrade to 1.1.2!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by murphmanny, Jan 26, 2008.

1. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

OK, here is my situation,

i have a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod touch with installer.app on the mainscreen (or springboard). I go into it and download oktoprep with no issue. So i go into itunes and option-click "update" and choose my 1.1.2 firmware that ends in .ipsw. So it takes a while to update and then it finally goes back to the main screen (springboard) and shows that installer.app is no longer there. So i run the jailbreak.jar that you are supposed to run, and it runs fine, but at the end when it is rebooting, it somehow goes into recovery mode and i have to restore back to another firmware. Can any help?

Thanks
  2. melefire

melefire New Member

same problem!
  3. demon1141

demon1141 New Member

I bet you have iTunes 7.6, iTunes 7.6 stuff's up the oktoprep jailbreak method used to upgrade to 1.1.2, uninstall iTunes 7.6 and google iTunes 7.5 download
  4. melefire

melefire New Member

i actually suspected that would be the problem, i read somewhere never to use itunes 7.6 for the 1.1.2 jailbreak
  5. kaitonic

kaitonic New Member

I don't know if this will help:

"It is possible that before the Jailbreak Complete! message you will get a notification from iTunes that your iPod touch is in recovery mode. If this is the case, click the Ok button on the message and Quit iTunes. Then hold down the Sleep/Wake button on your iPhone for 3 seconds to power it off. Then press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on. You should then get the Jailbreak Complete! message! Click the Ok button and let the Jailbreak finish."

6. setix

setix Member

ive tried it on 7.5 and i still get put into restore, and the iclarified thing only works on mac supposedly
  7. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

nevermind, i just upgraded to 1.1.3 jb and it is way better than 1.1.1/2
  8. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    thats not neccessarily true becasue i hacked my friends ipod and i have 7.6. But then the next day i would try to downgrade and it would give an error message saying it cant update. but if you do want to jailbreak 1.1.2 to get to 1.1.3. all you have to do is shift+restore in itunes and it wonnt work then put your ipod in recovery mode then do it agian and it will work. i just think itunes is having problems.