Help!!! i am trying to Jailbreak 1.1.2 but itunes opens at the end!!! please help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ross cristiano, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ross cristiano

ross cristiano New Member

Hey does anybody know what is going on. i downgrade to 1.1.1 then download appsnapp off safari, then i install oktoPrep off of installer. then i update to 1.1.2 with the option key. then i begin to jailbreak it and at the very end it says that the ipod will reboot a couple of times. but then suddnley itunes opens and is says that my ipod is in recovery mode ..and that logo pops up on my ipod.. and i have to start all over agian..i have no idea whats going on. Yes i do shut down itunes before i begin to jailbreak it. so pretty much itunes is interupting my jailbreak right at the end...so if you know what to do will you please help me.
  2. fatsnake69

fatsnake69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i believe u have to ctrl alt delete and end all itunes/ipod related processes. they all have the word 'itunes' or 'ipod' or 'apple' in them.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If you're on a Mac you'll have to go through the "Activity Monitor" and shut off iTunes Helper.

I believe it is the same on a PC, but like fatsnake said just quit anything that is iTunes related.

Also, make sure you tell iTunes not to start automatically when your iPod is connected.