Help!How to make a hot spot w/ a HTC Diamond pro or a verizon air card?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AnnaElyse, May 18, 2009.

1. AnnaElyse

AnnaElyse New Member

Hello,
    I'm getting a itouch tonight, and I'm trying to figture out how you make a hot spot to use it. I have a HTC Touch diamond pro, or I have a laptop with a verizon aircard. I'm running on Vista 32 bit.
    This there a way to set one up?

Thank you

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anna
  2. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. Miga

Miga New Member

HTC Touch Diamond Pro?
    Don't you mean HTC Raphael/Touch Pro?

Anyway, you're in luck, I have an HTC Raphael (factory unlocked) myself that I often use for my iPod Touch/Laptop for wi-fi on the go.

Note: This will drain down your battery an INTENSE amount, and your phone will become very warm after a while. Be sure not to leave it in your pocket while doing this, and have it plugged in somewhere.

First: Download a program called WMWiFiRouter (I think the older version is free, the new version you have to pay for)

Second: Install WMWiFiRouter onto your HTC Raphael

Third: Go into Start > Settings and go to "Connections", select "Wi-Fi".

Fourth: Tap menu, and tap "Add New..."

Fifth: Give your network a network name, I name mine "Miga's Phone"

Sixth: Change Connects To from "The Internet" to "Work" (I'm hoping you have that)

Seventh: Select "This is a device-to-device (ad-hoc) connection", click next

Eighth: Give your network a WEP key to prevent others from getting onto your phone's Wi-Fi, click "next"

Nineth: Click Finish. Press Ok in the top right corner. Close out of settings.

Tenth: You should be at TouchFLO 3D by now, go to Settings (or whatever it is on verizon), and tap "Communications"

Eleventh: Turn Wi-Fi and Data Connection on.

Twelfth: Finally, open up WMWiFiRouter, and click connect if it doesn't start automatically. You should see the Wi-Fi signal in System Status (tap the icons next to the X), if this is showing, you did it.

Thirteenth: Connect the device you want to go onto the internet with via Wi-Fi, as you would a Wireless Hotspot/Wireless router.

Oh, and to turn it off, press the X in the upper right hand corner. Do not use the end call button.

Another note: You will not be able to use ActiveSync during this time period, possibly along with access to the HTC Raphael's internal memory/MicroSD card.
  4. jady

jady New Member

I just install WMwifirouter and hit connect. Works great!!!
  5. Miga

Miga New Member

Really?!
    I had to go through a lot of work to get WMWiFiRouter to work properly on my HTC Raphael!

Oh well, glad to hear it works!
  6. jady

jady New Member

Yea pretty simple on my diamond.I am posting thru it right now :-$