Help! how do you get wifi after jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by supergirl13, Dec 27, 2008.

1. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi.I have the 16gb ipod touch 1st gen and I jailbroke the 1.1.5 firmware with ziphone. I deleted the icon on my ipod touch that said ziphone's blog. Now,I only have installer and My wifi's not working. I have a full signal on my home network. But,I just can't get the wifi to work. My password is typed in but,My ipod is also not remembering my router number for my network. I have a westell router. What should I do?
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Upgrade to 2.X, the 1.X firmwares are dead.
  3. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I restored my ipod touch this morning and my wifi's still not working. The problem is it won't keep my router number in the network thing and it has to have my router number to work. what should I do?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You could configure your router by typing in http://192.168.1.1 into your browser's address bar (on your computer).
  5. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried that. But,I have verzion dsl internet and I really just want my wifi back on ipod as soon as possible. what should I do?
  6. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok. to be a little more specific. I had my wifi up and working on Friday Dec
    26th. I jailbroke my ipod touch that day. My wifi was still up and working then
    I got rid of that jailbreak and got ziphone. I jailbroke it again. My wifi went away. I restored my ipod touch on Saturday Morning. I reset my wifi. I put my wep key in and I was connected to my network. But,when I went to safari
    it said:Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server. I went to youtube and it said:Cannot connect to youtube. I went into settings and it says ip address:169.254.151.236 and says subnet mask:255.255.00. when,I try to type the router number 192.168.1.1 into it the internet connection goes away but,when I erase the router number I typed in the internet signal comes back But I still can't get on the web. What should I do? I really would like to get internet back on my ipod touch So,that I can jailbreak it and put vlciphone on it and download stuff. I'm not talking about cracked apps. I'm talking about a flash player for it. So,will someone please tell me how the heck to get the internet on ipod touch?
    Thanks,supergirl13