Help, how do i use my prepaid itunes card to buy apps?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by travis8_8, Jul 11, 2008.

1. travis8_8

travis8_8 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have 20 dollars in my account, i want to buy monkey ball. i click buy app, and it makes me configure my billing adress. I want to pay with my card, so what do i do to pay with my card?
  2. Switch

Switch New Member

You can thank apple, gift cards are currently not working with appstore. incredibly... im really trying to think of another word except gay, and to be mature about it, but nothing really else captures my thoughts on this better, so it is incredibly gay.
  3. moe_amleh

moe_amleh New Member

Yep, it's not compatible. Apple said they are working on bringing this in the "near future", but until then, I'm going to ask my brother for his credit card.
  4. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

What I'm doing is buying those prepaid credit cards, they come $25 and up. Activation and monkey ball baby!
  5. weasel18

weasel18 New Member

they work for me. ive bought smb and crash bandicoot nitro racing using the itunes card.
  6. xlRiot

xlRiot Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    how did it work for you? Its not for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

Guess your lucky then, because when I purchase an app it sends me to a billing page.
  7. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Where do you live?

I emailed an Apple representative a few hours ago, and I got this reply:

Hello -----,

I hope your day is going well so far. I understand that you would like to find out if you will be able to purchase new applications with an iTunes gift card. I can certainly understand your concern over this matter and I am sure you would like this resolved as soon as possible. My name is Brittany and I would be more than happy to look into this for you today.

You most certainly can use gift cards to purchase the new applications. iTunes Gift Cards are available in $15, $25, and $50 denominations. It's easy to purchase iTunes Gift Cards from the Apple Store online. Just click this link and you'll be taken to the correct page:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iTMSCardsCertificates

iTunes Gift Cards also are available throughout the United States at many retailers, such as book stores, grocery stores, electronics stores, drug stores, discount stores, and Apple Store retail locations, to name just a few.

Alternatively, you can purchase gifts right from iTunes. Click Buy iTunes Gifts in the main iTunes Store window to buy iTunes Gift Cards, Printable Gift Certificates, Email Gift Certificates, Allowances, and specific music, TV shows, or movies.

For purchases of more than 10 cards, call Apple's Corporate Sales team at 1-877-275-IPOD.

It has been a pleasure talking with you and I hope this is up to your satisfaction in iTunes customer service. I want to thank you for being such a loyal iTunes customer and wish you nothing but the best. Have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Brittany
    iTunes Store Customer Support

I live in the USA, where do you guys live? Maybe that has something to do with it?
  8. xlRiot

xlRiot Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I live in Canada, maybe thats why? I'll email them. Does anyone have there email? haha
  9. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's not working for me aswell, also living in Canada. Hopefully, I hope not, it won't be restricted to the US.
  10. iliketoskatee

iliketoskatee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have to create an account first, you can't just buy it straight like that. Just go to create an account, and when it asks for your billing information i think there's a choice that says none, or later, or maybe even gift card. Who knows, but you'll know which one when you see it. Then you put the money on your account using the card and vuala! You can buy whatever you like.