(help)How do i "Rip" Songs AND apps off my ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by UncleMario, Oct 29, 2009.

1. UncleMario

UncleMario New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    A'right?
    windows 7 came out. i bought it. stupid me didn't back up anything so all my music and apps are gone. is there any way i can go into my SSH (my 3G is jailbroken) and Download all the files again. and because i've got windows 7 iPhoneBrowser doesn't seem to work.

please help me. this will save about 4 days of work downloading all the files again off itunes. i have over 12 pages of apps and 200 songs. please help
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

When you install Windows 7 it chucks everything in C:/Windows.old if you chose Custom, or wherever it last was if you chose Upgrade.

If not, you can use Sharepod. It was just updated today (or tomorrow in US time

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

You can't rip apps off your device (DRM?) but you can redownload them for free if you log into your AppStore account.
  3. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yep, a +1 for sharepod. That thing actually backs up music and videos. works well too
  4. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I use iPhone Explorer or iFunBox!
    Both work flawlessly!
    =P
  5. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For apps...after you install iTunes and connect your iPod...right click on the device (in the left sidebar) and select transfer purchases. This should transfer all your apps that you obtained from the App Store (and I think songs you bought from iTunes) onto your computer's iTunes library. As for music and vids...^suggestions above.
  6. Mchief298

Mchief298 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You should've gotten it during the RC1 days. Not only was it free, but it was fun being able to mess around with stuff, plus you got to distribute it. xD NOT sell it.>>

But yea, check your windows.old folder in you harddrive and see if it's there. If not, then just either SSH it, ifunbox it or whatever. That's what I did... 3 times in the same week... it pissed me off xD
  7. Szteto

Szteto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I personnally use a program called MusicRescue, it's Shareware. THe only issue about it being Shareware, it will ask you for a CDkey every 50 songs/vidoes, Not really an issue, just hit "Okay" and it'll go away.