HELP: How can I retrieve my purchased 2.2 firmware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by moonlight031982, Jan 20, 2009.

1. moonlight031982

moonlight031982 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Good day guys. i have a laptop but the hardware requirements for itunes 8 doesn't meet it and i want to update my firmware to 2.2. so i decided to go to an internet cafe, installed itunes 8 and purchased the 2.2 firmware. the problem is in the middle of the time when im downloading my newly purchased firmware, the connection timed out i resume downloading the software but i got so irritated because the connection in the cafe became so slow that it shows me i should wait for 24hrs to completely download the firmware.ive waited for at least 4hrs but i only got 30mb of 248mb of the firmware. i have to sleep because i have work the following day and the problem is, the cafe has a program that when the pc is refreshed or turned off, all files you created and apps installed will be erased. is there any way i can retrieve my firmware? pls hepl me guys...
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Apple will have a recored of the purchase and all you have to do is let them know you had a problem.
  3. japadict

japadict New Member

Shh jpga isn't it obvious that he/she is trying to score him/herself free firmware?

If he's telling the truth, he should be able to simply download the firmware off another source (*******s, etc.) and use the restore feature but this is legal only if he really did purchase the firmware.
  4. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Maybe he/she doesn't know about the free sources. Not everyone does.