Help help help :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bballerpinai, May 6, 2009.

1. bballerpinai

bballerpinai New Member

so i was trying to use ziphone to fix my no wifi problem. but it ended up freezing on the picture of the locked screen. then so i got it to go on recovery mode and to restore it. so i restored it and it rebooted. then it goes to the home menu and its frozen. i cant touch anything. i try restoring again but still no luck. now im having trouble on making the computer recognize the ipod after i restore it.

any help?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ziphone isn't for fimwares 2.xxx
  3. sargent8624

sargent8624 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    did u no zip phone aint 4 firmwares
  4. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did you know that lack of proper grammar and sentence structure makes you seem like an uneducated dolt?
  5. bballerpinai

bballerpinai New Member

so how do i fix it? u think apple will fix it for me?
  6. wtE

wtE New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    u dont need to send it to apple. after searching in the apple support site(ive had this problem before, when i first got my ipod), there is a procedure u can do to fix it

sorry i forgot what the link was
  7. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No. Do not contact Apple, as you tried to use ziphone - Which Apple most definitely will not approve of. Telling them that you did so will void your warranty.

What you need to do is a DFU Restore. This will put your iPod into recovery mode, and then you will be able to restore it to Apple Firmware.

If you're on 2.x firmware, you need a Jailbreak program that works on 2.x firmware. QuickPwn is a recommended one.
  8. bballerpinai

bballerpinai New Member

yeah. still not working. did a DFU restore. i dont even know if it actually did it. then after that, i restored and it was taking like 3 hrs to restore so i just stopped it. but it is now on the home screen and not the recovery mode screen.

what if i dont tell apple that i used ziphone? i can just tell them that my iPod froze, right?

any other help out there?