Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

iOS 4.2 Help! Greenpoison doesen't recognize!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Doniu, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Doniu

Doniu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi,
    I have been trying to jailbreak with greenpoison but it doesen't recognize it when it is in dfu mode! I am 100% sure that my ipod is in dfu mode (black screen can only start when you hold two buttons long enough). I jailbroke my iPod before loads of times on windows xp sp 2. Now I am on Windows 7. I changed the compability to windows xp sp 2 and windows xp sp 3 but it still doesen't work. Help please!

Ipod Touch 3rd Gen 8gb (mc model)
    Software 4.2.1
  2. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Make sure you have iTunes open, and turn the volume up. Then, try to put your iPod in DFU. If iTunes says that your iPod is in Recovery Mode, then that means it is in DFU.

Hold the power and home button until the screen goes black, then release the power button, but keep holding the home button, then you should hear a sound from the PC, shortly after that iTunes will say your iPod is in Recovery mode.
    Go back to Greenpois0n and it should say that your iPod is ready to jailbreak. Then hit jailbreak, then wait for a few minutes, then loader should appear on the second page of your springboard, install Cydia from there.
    Remember, you have to time it perfectly. I failed a couple of times, but once you do it as much as I have (I had to restore many, many times..), you will be able to get it right the first time.

If you do not have iTunes or the speakers on, it will be difficult for you to tell if you are in DFU or not.

I forgot, at the taskbar, it'll also say that it is installing the device driver for the iPod, that is another way knowing you are in DFU Mode.
  3. Doniu

Doniu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I did all of that and still. recognize my iPod in DFU iTunes does. But in greenpoison it always says try again.

Edit: When I do that when you told me the iTunes and the usb cable shows up but that never works if u want to jailbreak
  4. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    So, you are saying that iTunes recognizes that your iPod is in DFU, but Greenpois0n doesn't? Try one of two things:

1. Redownload Greenpois0n
    2. Restore and try again
  5. Jbnewb

Jbnewb Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that means that your in restore mode not DFU mode.
  6. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I couldn't understand what he was saying, I just assumed that he was in DFU but GP would not recognize. But yeah, look on Youtube for instructions on how to put your iPod in DFU mode.
  7. Doniu

Doniu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I did watch loads and I got the balck screen but GP didn't recognize it.
    Anyway I am restoring it and trying to jb it again
  8. Doniu

Doniu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just restored but still GP doesen't recognize my iPod in DFU help please.
  9. Doniu

Doniu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I tried on 2 laptops and 1 computer. I tried on windows 7, vista and xp sp2 and still greenpoison doesn't detect my iPod in dfu mode on any of those os's
  10. Doniu

Doniu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch